From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 09:05:19

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Johan Råde <rade_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I want to do a timed join, with a relative time of 0.1s.
> > I can not figure out from the docs how to do this.
> > I find the prototypes somewhat mystifying:
> >
> > bool timed_join(const system_time& wait_until);
> >
> > template<typename TimeDuration> bool timed_join(TimeDuration const&
> rel_time);
> >
> > What is system_time?
> > What should TimeDuration be?
>
> system_time is declared in boost/thread/thread_time.hpp: it is a typedef
> boost::posix_time::ptime from the date-time library.
>
> TimeDuration is any boost date-time
> duration. e.g. boost::posix_time::milliseconds
>
> You are not the only person to notice the missing docs for the timeout
> stuff. It's on my list of things to add.

There's some examples of how to construct these types on the boost date-time
docs:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/date_time/posix_time.html#date_time.posix_time.time_duration

You can use time_duration, but really the easy way is to construct from the
'count types'": milliseconds, nanoseconds, etc.

Jeff