From: Jeffery Cavallaro (jcavalla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-22 12:51:24

I have a question about the use of Any, especially when used in a larger
facility such as program_options. There doesn't seem to be a (easy) way to
post-process the results of a facility that has generically stuffed a bunch
of values into a list of Any's. For example, if I wanted to a program to
spit out all of its options to standard out, there doesn't seem to be any
hooks to extract an Any value in a generic way (e.g., as a string).
Granted, I could derive a class and add methods to do so, but that doesn't
work when Any is already embedded in the program_options implementation.

I certainly could be missing something here. I haven't used Any or
program_options yet, and trying to understand all of the possibilities from
the spec-like doc is hard. How do the rest of you do such things?

--
Jeffery Cavallaro, 1055 Joaquin-191A
Infrastructure Engineering