From: Ali F (ali.fareed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 08:54:02

Hi.

I'm using vs2008 and the way I have my project set up is that there is a
common framework which I build into a static library, and this framework
uses boost signals which I've built into a static library as well. The thing
is that when I compile the test project that uses the framework, it tries to
link with the dynamic signals library. My framework lib also doesnt try and
link with the static lib of signals. I went into the auto link.hpp boost
file, and saw that if _DLL is defined then it will link with dynamic lib,
else it will use the static lib. I tried removing _DLL from the preprocessor
visual studio defines and the same thing happens.

Is there a way to force boost to auto link with the static lib? I know
there's a way to force link with dynamic lib but wondering if the opposite
is possible.

Thanks