From: Christian Holmquist (c.holmquist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-25 19:22:05

On 24/04/2008, John Femiani <JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 05:06:58AM +0000, Ryan Gallagher wrote:
> > > Jeffery Cavallaro <jcavalla <at> google.com> writes:
> > > [...]
> > its options
> > >
> > > Okay, this isn't exactly generic and only addresses this
> > specific case
> > > for the issue that you brought up, but for program_options
> > where you
> > > normally just have a limited number of types I've used:
> >
> > I've done something similar as well. If you have a lot of
> > types, and you want support for vectors of those types, you
> > may want to look at the boost preprocessor macro library:
> >

> So, could somebody write a visit_any function / macro, or do we need to
> do some kind of hack each time. I am imagining a visit_any function that
> takes an mpl vector of types as an argument ...

This has been discussed many times in the dev list I think, search for
'any visitor' in the archives.

I posted a small utility some time ago as a base for discussion. It
was named badly (any_variant), since I needed a visitor mechanism
identical to the one in boost::variant , maybe it could be of some use
to someone =)

/ Christian