From: ALiX (alix.tofigh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 09:37:37

Hi,

Is there a way to create more general views of a multi_array than using start-
and finish-indexes together with a stride? For example, I would like to create a
view of a 2-dimensional multi_array by explicitly choosing the indexes: For a
10x10 matrix A, I want to be able to specify a 3x3 view with first dimension
indexes 2,3,8 and second dimension indexes 5,6,9. For this example my_view[0][0]
would access the element A[2][5], and my_view[1][2] would access element A[3][9].

Is this possible? An idea would be to write my own index_range class. But there
is no index_range concept as far as I can tell...

/ALiX