From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-16 18:23:33

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>> undefined reference to `boost::test_tools::tt_detail::check_impl
>
> means the reference is undefined, which means no one defined it. Unit Test
> framework does define it (it's implemented in test_tools.ipp). So either you
> are not linking to it (check again your makefile), or you are linking to wrong
> library (for example built for different version of boost, or with different
> compiler)

Well, again, I will inform you that I am both linking to the
unit-test-framework-s library AND getting the undefined reference error
(and yes, I know what an undefined reference is).

Furthermore, until using BOOST_CHECK instead of BOOST_ASSERT, the unit
test ran just fine...and this would not be possible without a main() or
a link to that library! I mean, all you need to do is follow the
conversation to see that.

You can claim it is not happening all you want, that doesn't change the
facts of what I am experiencing. Your insistence that I'm not seeing
the problem I am seeing is likewise non-productive. Just say you don't
know what the hell is going on, don't tell me I'm imagining things!

You're assuming I'm an idiot, requiring me to constantly reiterate and
justify what I see, and I don't see how that helps anyone.