From: Zeljko Vrba (zvrba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-28 06:34:17

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 03:48:55PM +0530, ajay gopalakrishnan wrote:

> Considering the fact, that the project that I am going to embark upon will
> involve a lot of code and dependencies, I really don't want to get bogged
> down and stuck in just writing the correct makefiles.

If you want the tool to take care of all the details, why do you insist on
using jam? Many (all decent) IDEs generate perefctly usable makefiles and
take care of all the dependencies automatically. Is there any reason this
doesn't suit you?

> So, It would be great if I can use some tool that generates these jamfiles
> automatically for me. I am also searching for some good IDE for developing
> C++ programs something like we have Eclipse for Java.

Eclipse works for C++ too. Then there's also NetBeans, Ultimate++,.. and,
of course, MS Visual Studio if you don't mind paying.