From: Joel FALCOU (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-04 12:35:24

> Yes, in proto v4 contexts are not necessary. They can, in some
> circumstances, be easier to work with then transforms, so I don't plan
> to remove them. They may even be better at compile time.
Make sense indeed. It may solve my other problem then.
I need to perform SIMD computation onto my matrix element. For scalar,
proto provided the appropriate overload for let's say +,-,*,/ and so on.
I think hat using visitor may solve the problem of selecing the proper
form of operation on the fly.

> There are non-trivial changes, yes. Most significantly, the protocol for
> implementing custom transforms has changed. Also, a bunch of functions
> and types have been renamed as a result of review feedback.
So, I better change now and adapt my code ?
How can the v4 be downloaded ?

> Not sure what you mean. Can you give an example?
I had the impression that terminal helds value by reference until
it get transformed and turne dinto value.

> Absolutely. A proto transform *IS* a semantic action.
Ok then, the arguments are clear now :)

--
Joel FALCOU
Research Engineer @ Institut d'Electronique Fondamentale