From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-07 07:31:00

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:07:14 +0200, Mojmir Svoboda
<mojmir.svoboda_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Mojmir,

> [...]The first version used boost::iostreams and not very smart locking
> mechanism in mt environment (in terms of performance mainly), but served
> more as a verification 'it can be done and it is not that ugly as i
> thought' than a real library candidate. Now i'd like to focus on
> performance and code size, so I made a sketch of the next version. It is
> really small and is rather a model than anything usable, but before I
> start implementation, I'd like to know opinion of library writers and
> users - what do you think about the concept? is it worth continuing, or
> i'd better go doing something better? :)

there is another candidate of what might become an official Boost logging
library one day:
http://torjo.com/log2/doc/html/index.html

You might want to check the logging requirements and also have a look at
Windows Event Tracing and Event Logging for some more ideas (as ideally
the logging library provides some support for whatever logging standard is
used on a platform).

Boris