From: Mojmir Svoboda (mojmir.svoboda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-09 08:40:20

> John's library has a concept called destination which sounds like your
> sink. There is another concept called formatter which, well, formats

oh yes, i call that filters, but are merely appenders.

> In my opinion one of the most important questions is what else can a Boost
> logging library offer than what we can do today with:
>
> clog << "Logging ...";
>
> As we can easily redirect clog or replace it with another stream object
> where we can control the buffer there must be some added value?

oh, you almost got me there.. i did not considered these << operators
when designing. mainly because of their annoying syntax. i am simple
man i prefer that one of printf :) (or boost::format)

so i took approach more in the style of type-safer printf using
variadic templates combined with classic macro-witchery.

i have to take a very close look on John's library to find out where
lies the differences in interface. perhaps there won't be any.

definitely my planned added value is run-time efficiency (with focus
multithreaded environment).

many thanks for you attention,
Mojmir