From: Germain BARRET (germain.barret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-13 06:36:26

Hi people,

I'm sure this subject as already been treated. I apologies for requesting it
one time again.

I try to compile boost libs as static libs (& multi-thread & universal & why
not monolithic) and now I'm sure the ./configure compilation can't do that
for me.
So I began to go through the bjam way... but I'm absolutely not sure of the
syntax and options to do what I want. (--build-type=static ???)
My first try made me dynamic ".a" in many many folders and no ./include and
no ./lib like in a standard install. And many error message when trying to
copy files in the system lib directory (that I don't want to).

What is the good way to compile boost on mac OS as static lib in the good
folders ? (I've already done it on windows, I remember it much easyer, why
?)

Germain