From: Tomek Jerzykowski (tomek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 04:29:15

> Tomek Jerzykowski wrote:
> > ------------------------------------
> > BoostTest2.cpp
> > c:\BoostTest2\BoostTest2.cpp(11) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned
> > mismatch
> >
> > If I remove #include <boost..., the extra messages go away. It looks to
> me
> > like compiler bug. The exe produced is probably ok, but the amount of
> spam
> > in output window makes using Boost very cumbersome. Is there any way to
> make
> > these messages go away?
> >

> You can either compile with warning level 3 rather than warning level 4
> or you can
> explicitly suppress just warning 4018.
>
> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

I was not quite clear about what is bothering me. The problem is that every
warning and every compiler error is followed by a lot of meaningless
messages. The abovementioned example was intentionally fed with the warning
to show you what is going on. I know quite well how to suppress warnings and
know how to fix them, but in the source code of the project I'm working now
there are quite a lot of warnings, what results in an utter flood of
messages during compilation.

I want to introduce Boost to my co-workers, but I know that if I tell them
that every time they write some code with warnings or errors, they are
flooded with meaningless stuff... they will refuse using this tool.

Tomek