From: Hansi (hansipet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 05:04:50

Tomek Jerzykowski schrieb:
>> Tomek Jerzykowski wrote:
>>> ------------------------------------
>>> BoostTest2.cpp
>>> c:\BoostTest2\BoostTest2.cpp(11) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned
>>> mismatch
>>>
>>> If I remove #include <boost..., the extra messages go away. It looks to
>> me
>>> like compiler bug. The exe produced is probably ok, but the amount of
>> spam
>>> in output window makes using Boost very cumbersome. Is there any way to
>> make
>>> these messages go away?
>>>
>> You can either compile with warning level 3 rather than warning level 4
>> or you can
>> explicitly suppress just warning 4018.
>>
>> In Christ,
>> Steven Watanabe
>>

> I was not quite clear about what is bothering me. The problem is that every
> warning and every compiler error is followed by a lot of meaningless
> messages. The abovementioned example was intentionally fed with the warning
> to show you what is going on. I know quite well how to suppress warnings and
> know how to fix them, but in the source code of the project I'm working now
> there are quite a lot of warnings, what results in an utter flood of
> messages during compilation.

The extra messages are generated allways for templates. It is only
possible to suppress the warnings. I'm working with VS2005 and I do not
have a lot of warnings (only the secure warnings...).
I don't think that someone can provide you more information If you say
only that you have warnings.

Best regards
Hansjörg