From: Tomek Jerzykowski (tomek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 06:23:40

> > I was not quite clear about what is bothering me. The problem is that
> every
> > warning and every compiler error is followed by a lot of meaningless
> > messages. The abovementioned example was intentionally fed with the
> warning
> > to show you what is going on. I know quite well how to suppress warnings
> and
> > know how to fix them, but in the source code of the project I'm working
> now
> > there are quite a lot of warnings, what results in an utter flood of
> > messages during compilation.
>
> The extra messages are generated allways for templates. It is only
> possible to suppress the warnings. I'm working with VS2005 and I do not
> have a lot of warnings (only the secure warnings...).
> I don't think that someone can provide you more information If you say
> only that you have warnings.

I've tested the same program on Visual Studio 2008 and there is no
unnecessary spam in compiler output, only the proper warning is displayed. I
call it spam, because extra messages are completely unrelated to the warning
cause. I don't even use Boost in this program, just include a header!
Unfortunately, we cannot use VS 2008 it in our office.

Tomek