From: Jan Suchý (zuchy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 08:19:11

Hi Ion,
sorry not to get back sooner - I've been on vacation...
It is not good, that it is not possible to do it this way.
I will try to ask the XQilla developer if it would be possible to change the source code for not using raw pointers.
But I do not see it well.. Is it hard to change this in project such a xqilla is (it calls xerces libraries and xercess calls icu...)? What is your experience?

Do you see some other solution how to use C++ object from more instancess of program when not used interprocess library?
Thank you for your advice.
Have a nice day,
Jan Suchy

Jan Such? wrote:
> Hallo boost interprocess useres,
> first of all, many thanks to Ion for his support:
> std::auto_ptr<managed_shared_memory> segment_ptr is working well and choosing keytype as interprocess::basic_string is working great too. Thank you.
>
> But now, I have stoppend when using map in shared memory in combination:
>
> typedef std::pair<MyString, XQQuery*> ValueType;

You can't store raw pointers in shared memory. And since XQQuery does
not seem to be prepared for shared memory, you can't place XQQuery
objects in shared memory. I'm afraid there's no solution to your problem
using Interprocess :-(

Regards,

Ion