From: Eric MALENFANT (Eric.Malenfant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-18 10:09:15

Germain BARRET:
> For example if I want to obtain the LCID (codes in 2 parts
> giving locale language) what can I use ?

LCID is a Windows-specific concept, right? If that's the case, you could use the Win32 API directly (GetThreadLocale(), GetUserDefaultLCID(), etc.)

> I don't want to treat numbers, money or so what.. but only
> get langage !!! Can I do it with boost ?

To my knowledge, there is nothing for this in Boost. If you're looking for something portable, you may look at the ICU library. IMHO, it's interface style leaves much to be desired, but the array of functionality is impressive and useful.

HTH,

Éric Malenfant
Experience is something you never have until just after you need it.
- Alfred E. Neuman