From: Markus Raab (usenet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-20 08:02:34

Daniel Hinz wrote:

> Just started experimenting with the serialization library. I started by
> writing a small example very much like that shown in the tutorial. I
> created a simple class to serialize containing two unsigned int vars and
> an std::string This is close to what I would need to do once I move beyond
> familiarizing myself with the use of the library.

You should really read the tutorial from beginning and beter don't try to
subclass or use polymorphic pointers until you read the section explaining
it.

> When I compile I get errors in the boost code:
>
> s-test.h:49: instantiated from here
> /usr/include/boost/archive/detail/oserializer.hpp:567: error: invalid
> application of 'sizeof' to incomplete
> type 'boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>'
> make: *** [stest] Error 1

Thats an error triggered intentional to show that you have done something
wrong. Best you have a look at the tutorial again and if you don't manage
to get it right you need to post (a short version of) your example program
here in order to help you.

Yours sincerely
Markus Raab