From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-21 20:37:11

which allocator are we talking about?

If one use STL containers, the allocators associated with the container type
are used so if specify particular allocators for your own collections,
those allocators will be used when data is recovered and rebuilt.

The library uses a couple of STL containers for tracking objects
and class ids. The currently would not be accessible. No one
has ever asked about this before. We are only now starting
to profile serialization performance tests so we will know for the
first time ever if there is anything to be gained in this area. Its
possible that a future version might permit one to specify an
allocator when the archive is instantiated - but for now, usage
of the standard allocator is built in.

Robert Ramey