From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-06 16:51:35

Dave Abrahams wrote:
> > John Femiani wrote:
> >
> >> I have used boost for some time on windows with msvc, ...
>
> >> BTW: --toolset=mingw failed to find the mingw toolset, but when I
> >> build with gcc is seems to know what to do.
> >
> > This is as expected. The compiler binary is called "g++", so why do
> > you expect "toolset=mingw" to be used?
>
> Maybe because he has been using boost for some time? We used
> to have a mingw toolset, IIRC.

Yes, I once succeeded with a 'mingw' toolset, but that was an earlier
version. IIRC, it generated '.a' files back then, but I am not sure.
Also when I googled for help I found the 'mingw' tool discussed, and if
I don't use 'layout=system' the libraries are decorated with 'mgw4.3',
which is ussually a tool name.

-- John