From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-09 10:38:27

Hi,

I'm creating a gui lib and am designing the basic drawing operations.
I want the interface to be implementable as thin layers over most UIs
(win32/gtk+/qt/etc).

I wanted most of all have good interoperability with GIL.
I found that it was actually very inconvenient defining
windows as GIL views. A win32 window for example
can't model a view without sacrificing reliability or
efficiency. It also fixes operations as to be manipulations of pixels.

But this definition for drawing operations lacks flexibility to
create generic code to work with different units (not only pixels).
This would allow a scalable GUI implementation where the units
could be defined as millimeters and the drawing operations
done with advanced anti-aliasing for example, without
compromising straightforward implementations.

So these drawing operations would actually define a concept.
These operations could then be defined for GIL views, GUI windows
and maybe more :).

Do you think this could actually be useful?

Comments are welcome,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida