From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 22:26:11

At 9:47 AM +0800 7/17/08, boost_www wrote:
>hello Nat,
>
>Thanks you very much for your explanation!
>
>for 1), I never heard of that idiom. In fact, after playing with C++
>for more thant 10 years, I am still keeping finding interesting corners
>of the language. :)
>
>What I get from your information is that, the do/while clause is
>a MUST-HAVE and is obviously intentional.

Absolutely.

>for 2), it seems that 'this->' is a question of coding style and generally
>we could omit it.

Generally, but not always.
If you want to call a member function (_especially_ in templated/library code),
then you should qualify it with "this->", because you don't know if
there will be
a function named "func1" available when the code is compiled.

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>