From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-17 02:16:53

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Lothar Werzinger <lothar_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I compile the attached test with and without compile optimizations with G++
> 4.3.1 the non optimized version (using optimize_size<false>) is more than 10
> times faster than the optimized one.
> I did use oprofile on the application where I use the avl set and the time is
> spent in the 'find' call.
>
> Can you please try to shed some light on this, I am completely stumped.
> Any help is appreciated!

Sounds strange. The code is exactly the same except that instead of
using the node compact_avltree_node_traits_impl instead of
default_avltree_node_traits_impl in file
boost/intrusive/avltree_node.hpp. Unless there are some checks
affecting offset_ptr. Can you try the same in optimized mode?

> here is how I built the attached test:

Thanks for the test, I'll try to investigate this ASAP.

Ion