From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 11:16:58

My understanding of the state of play with Phoenix is that the lovely
Phoenix 2.0 is part of the not-yet-released Boost 1.36.0, and that the
current release of Boost, 1.35.0 hosts Phoenix 1.2.

Phoenix 2.0 has lovely documentation at

http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_docs/phoenix-2/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/index.html

but the corresponding documentation for V1.2, at

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/index.html

is buried inside the Spirit docs, and is not nearly as good as the v2.0
documentation. In particular the v1.2 docs are very quiet about specific
include file paths, which have also changed significantly for v2.0.

Is there anything I've missed in all this?

Also looking through the documentation of Boost libraries in general, the
quality varies widely. Am I correct in believing this is due to whether
the various library authors have found time to write quality documentation?

Regards, Rob.

--
ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org