From: Andrej van der Zee (mavdzee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-29 11:00:49

Hi, > We are using AIX 5.3 and the 4.2.0 compiler and obviously require IBM's mpCC > MPI compiter to be supported, out-of-the-box. You should not be using the gcc compiler that is shipped with AIX 5.3 because it is hopelessly broken, just like their alternative binary version from the official IBM website. I wonder why? Note that IBMs compiler xlc/c++ costs almost 4000 Euro's for one user's lisence. And still I wonder why they ship a broken gcc compiler with their AIX distribution ;) Luckily you also can get binary distrubutions from here: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html. Besides that there is a patch you should apply to the Boost source tree to make it all work (or you can use boost-trunk from SVN). Then you will be able to compile boost on AIX 5.3, but you will get some occasional complains from the linker and/or compiler. Anyway, I would be greatful if Boost would officially start to support gcc on AIX! Hopefuly it will be picked up soon... Cheers, Andrej __________________________________________________________ Not happy with your email address?. Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html