From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 16:59:15

Hi Kim,

Kim Tang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i ve downloaded the time_series.zip by the link:
>
> http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?directory=Math%20-%20Numerics
> and unzip it on my computer.
>
> But the compilation of the example (time_series\time_series\main.cpp)
> program fails due to the errors:
>
> c:\boost\time_series\boost\sequence\size.hpp(27) : error C2143: syntax
> error : missing ';' before '<'
<snip>

> After looking at the file boost\time_series\boost\sequence\size.hpp i
> see that the variable name
> range_size
> in line 27 is unknown. So my question is which file should i include?
> I ve searched for the variable name range_size in the time_series folder.
> And one possibility is the file boost\detail\range_concepts.hpp.
> But is this the right file?

Looks like the Time_series library has not been patched to work with
Boost v1.35, which had some breaking changes to the Boost.Range library,
upon which Time_series is based. The necessary change to
sequence/size.hpp is trivial and seems to get things going again. Can
you download the latest version from the Vault and see if it fixes your
problem?

Thanks,

--
Eric Niebler