From: Kim Kuen Tang (kuentang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 16:23:38

Hi Eric,

i just want to point out that Boost.Time_series is not compatible with
the current boost release 1.36.
The compilation of Boost.time_series together with boost 1.36 was not
successful due to some errors.

You have written in your description that
Boost.Time_series does not yet contain all the algorithms one might want
in order to perform full time series analysis.
Does it mean that the user should choose Boost.time_series as a starting
point to implement the algorithm to perform full time series analysis?

Let's say i want to implement an algorithm to calculate the spectral
density on a time series.
Why is Boost.time_series a good choice for me?

Since the library Boost.accumulators already contains many useful
functions like count, covariance,.. I would choose it as my starting point.

Thanks for your answer,

Kim Tang

--
Dipl.-Mathematiker. Dr. Kim Kuen Tang