From: Sebastian.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-08-05 11:42:30

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to get boost::any serializable, and it's
quite tricky, especially considered my very limited experience with
boost::serialize. I googled around and found an old discussion on this
very list, and while interesting no resolution seemed to be found
which satisfied all the criteria for being commited boost. However,
since I'm not as picky with data portability, the solution hinted at
in: http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2005/09/14266.php seems very
interesting. The only problem is that I can't see how it would be
implemented to solve this problem.

It needs to be within the definition of the class to be able for the
typename to be in scoop, but since the macro seems to expand to a
definition to be placed in the boost namespace I can't seem to get it
to play nice.

Any solution which lets me automagicaly serialize boost::any which
contains serializable types, even if intrusive, would be extremely
welcomed.