From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 04:25:22

Roma.. wrote:
> I've compiled and now using Boost 1.35 under XpSp2 VS2008
>
> Regex example from "Getting started" was successfully launched.
> Another example was not launched:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/regex/doc/html/boost_regex/captures.html
>
> Error 1 error C2039: 'captures' : is not a member of
> 'boost::match_results<BidiIterator>'
> Error 2 error C2228: left of '.size' must have class/struct/union
> Error 3 error C2039: 'captures' : is not a member of
> 'boost::match_results<BidiIterator>'

Did you see the part of the captures docs that reads:

"Unfortunately enabling this feature has an impact on performance (even if
you don't use it), and a much bigger impact if you do use it, therefore to
use this feature you need to:
  a.. Define BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA for all translation units including the
library source (the best way to do this is to uncomment this define in
boost/regex/user.hpp and then rebuild everything.
  b.. Pass the match_extra flag to the particular algorithms where you
actually need the captures information (regex_search, regex_match, or
regex_iterator). "
Note that normally most people will *not* need this feature however.

> Moreover, code completion seems to not work (I mean list of variants
> does not appear after typing "pat.", where pat is boost::regex)

Hmm, seems to work OK for me with VC8-Express, at the risk of stating the
obvious you may need to build the file once and then wait for Intellisense
to update before it becomes available however.

HTH, John.