From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-07 09:34:41

> I think BLITZ++ used to have some very good performance comparisons
with
> Fortran IIRC. (What ever happend to BLITZ++? Is it
dead?)

yes it does, I used it and the invaluable material from
Todd to build my own ET based container library. I wish I knew what
happened to Blitz indeed as I think its code base - while verbose and
untidy - was very interesting

> I am actually interested
about the iterators performance in multi-array
> too, since their
iterators seem to just wrap indexes. That _seems_ like it
> would
be bad, but Idunno.

iterator or pointer almost leads to the
same performances (ina 5 to 10% margin maybe).
The real error people
keep doing is performing test on huge dataset without any cache friendly
algorithm