From: Andrea Denzler (andrea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 09:18:56

Sorry. Generally I have no problems linking (Debug executables) to Release
libraries. For example in the linker options I specify icuuc.lib or
icuucd.lib to link boost::regex to the ICU Debug or Release Library. Both
cases works well in Debugging. So the idea to force the debug python
libraries is a overkill.

Now, when using boost::python in _DEBUG then it is better to use python too
in _DEBUG or it's standard release version? I think it's better to use the
release version because else as you said you have to download and rebuild
the python library only because I want boost in _DEBUG.

Of course the best would be to modify boost::python so that we can choose if
to use python debug or release, even better if we can choose this at link
time like I do with other libraries.

IMHO...