From: Olaf Peter (ope-devel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 01:41:40

> "A pathname that contains at least one non-slash character and that ends
> with one or more trailing slashes shall be resolved as if a single dot
> character ( '.' ) were appended to the pathname."
>
> IIRC, Windows operates the same way
>
>> This means that a leaf path has a file extension. On directory's view
>> this is not equal to the current dir notation.
>
> Not sure I understand your point. Could you clarify with an example?

A "." means the current work directory as you know. This is what I would
get if I pass a path like "a/" (obviously a path) to fs::extension.
Further processing inside my application would result into a wrong
directory even on concatenation on paths e.g. to find some settings
related to system paths.

Well, I'm not sure if this would be relevant in praxis (path
concatenation) since I'm not interested in path extensions by this imo,
isn't it?

Finally, this question is: is fs::extension suitable with paths or even
only with files? Do I have to ensure this on those test.

Thanks,
Olaf