From: Markus Werle (numerical.simulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 04:51:10

Thomas Berg <merlin66b <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Markus Werle
> <numerical.simulation <at> web.de> wrote:
> > This is a request to change the settings of the debug version Boost.Python,
> > even if this forces the user to download the python sources.
> > What do you think?
>
> >From what you write I'm not sure if you know about the option
> "python-debugging=on", which you can pass to bjam.

Thanks for that hint.
Unfortunately this option builds *all* boost libraries for this option
which makes absolutely no sense at all.

> I have only used
> this with shared libraries for everything, so I'm not sure whether it
> solves all your problems.
>
> Just mentioning it, in case it helps. The resulting boost libs are
> then named "gyd" instead of the usual "gd", and (the shared libs) link
> to python25_d.
>
> Then you need to define BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON when building your project.
> Does this make any difference for your issues?

This thing still lacks full user control via PREPOCESSOR MACRO,
such that auto-link really works seamlessly for the three options
that people want to use.

1. boost-python release version with Python release version
2. boost-python debug version with Python debug version
3. boost-python debug version with Python release version.

I'll dig further into this in order to propose some changes.

Markus