From: Ákos Maróy (akos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 12:22:06

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a code sample using boost signals on Windows using
Visual Studio 2008, that works fine on Linux using gcc. My application
crashes at the first time a signal's operator() method is called, and it
seems that the issue is with some STL-related iterator magic.

The application breaks in named_slot_map.hpp, in the call to
boost::signals::detail::named_slot_map_iterator::init_next_group(),
basically in operator== of class _Tree_nod, in file xtree - probably an
MS STL implementation. basically it breaks here:

#if _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING
if (this->_Mycont == 0 || this->_Mycont != _Right._Mycont)
   {
     _DEBUG_ERROR("map/set iterators incompatible");
     _SCL_SECURE_INVALID_ARGUMENT;
   }
#else

I tried to search on the issue, and found this thread:
https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2008-July/010867.html
this even specifying _SECURE_SCL=0 doesn't help.

I'm using boost 1.35.0, linking againts libboost_signals_vc90-mt-1_35.
at the time of the call, actually there are no listeners bound to the
signal.

Is this an issue with boost::signals? or with MS VS?

Akos