From: John C. Femiani (john.femiani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-26 19:52:31

I used a fresh version of GIL from SVN trunk, and when I say

    make all

from within the boost/libs/gil folder I get a slew of errors including:

    image.cpp:302: instantiated from here
    c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.3.0/include/c++/bits/boost_concept_check.h:223:
    error: conversion from
    'boost::detail::iterator_category_with_traversal<std::input_iterator_tag,
    boost::random_access_traversal_tag>' to non-scalar type
    'std::forward_iterator_tag' requested

I have some patches to GIL, but I can not seem to do regression testing
since the unmodified version of GIL itself does not seem pass its tests.
Am I doing something wrong?
I looked at the Jamfile.v2 and it did not seem to add much to what the
makefile was doing, but just in case I ran bjam from within the GIL
folder and got the same results -- image.cpp filed to compile.
I thought the error might involve the iterator library because of the
error message I got, but Boost.Iterator seemed to pass all of its tests
on my system.

Also, the GIL makefile has a line 'CXX=/usr/local/gcc430/bin/g++', so it
looks like this version of the compiler has been tested before...

--John