From: Diane (dbutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-26 19:39:54

Matthias Troyer <troyer <at> phys.ethz.ch> writes:

> Can't you just write a serialize() function for each of your structs?
> As you say they are structs I assume that all members are public and a
> free serialize function should be able to access all members?

Thanks, that seems much easier! I had been analyzing the bus schedule example,
but I missed that there was a non-intrusive method.

I just need to know how to serialize a char now, without modifying any
structures that contain chars. The wrapper class method seems to require that my
structures be changed to contain tracked_char instead of char. Is there an
alternate way to deal with chars?

While we're thinking about chars, how do I serialize a char*? Does Boost treat
this as an array?

Thanks,
Diane