Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost:regex]an compiler error when use boost1_36 inapplication
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-09 05:08:59

gj_uestc wrote:
> I activated bjam like this:"bjam --toolset=intel --with-regex
> link=static runtime-link=static
> -sICU_PATH=C:\home\gejuan\icu4c-4_0-src\icu stage'to generate a
> static lib "libboost_regex-iw-mt-s-1_36.lib",
> to find out that 'stlport_static.5.1.lib' always been asked from
> "libboost_regex-iw-mt-s-1_36.lib".
> could you pls kindly tell me how can I get myself out of this?

No because it works for me: somehow, somewhere you must be building the
regex lib with STLport, and Boost.Build most certainly doesn't do that by
default / all on it's own (it wouldn't even know where to find STLPort for
one thing).

BTW, I believe the ICU dll's that IMB ship are built against the release/dll
msvc runtime. You will almost certainly have to use the same msvc runtime
in your code, and when building Boost.Regex (in other words the
runtime-link=static option probably isn't binary compatible with the ICU
dll's, of course if you built ICU from source then all bets are off).

And finally... Boost.Regex is "just a bunch of sources", you could addthe
source files in libs/regex/src/*.cpp to your IDE directly, and set
BOOST_HAS_ICU as a #define, and away you go... nothing magic here.

HTH, John.