Subject: [Boost-users] Missing MSVCR80.DLL
From: Slava D (slavad01_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-13 06:12:46

guys,

please, could you help me.

I have installed boost_1_35 with the BoostInstaller (taking the precompiled
binaries).

When I check any dll-s with the dependency walker (say, release version
BOOST_DATE_TIME-VC-MT-1_35.dll or debug version
BOOST_DATE_TIME-VC-MT-GD-1_35.dll), it says that it is missing MSVCR80.dll
for the release version and MSVCR80D.DLL for the debug version.

At the beginning I thought there was something wrong with my PC.

I tried on another machine and got the same results.

On one machine I have XP with SP2 and on another I have XP with SP3.

Some people are saying that this usually shows some mess with the manifest
files. But I did not need to generate the manifest file as I took the
binaries from the Installer directly.

Please, could you help me.

many thanks,

Slava