Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cross-Compile Boost for Embedded Linux
From: Richard Ketcham (rich.ketcham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-16 15:35:20

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I tried what you suggested. I added the using gcc command to the
user-config.jam file in tools/build/v2/. I then issued the following
command in the boost root directory:

~/boost_1_36_0$ bjam toolset=gcc-arm variant=release threading=multi
--with-thread stage

and came up with this error:

./boost/config/requires_threads.hpp:29:4: error: #error "Threading
support unavaliable: it has been explicitly disabled with
BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS"

What do I need to do to enable threading? I'm specifically building
boost because I'm interested in the threading library.

Thanks again,
Rich

BTW, I moved the boost directory to my home folder.