Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why something like #ifndef BOOST_MPI_HPP is alwayscapitalized?
From: Peng Yu (pengyu.ut_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 16:30:18

Hi,

I'm wondering how you would handle the following case.

Suppose I have a set of mathematical formulas that has both bigger case and
lower case variables (such as both 'X' and 'x'). This situation is pretty
common. In order to implement them in C++, I could either write bigger cases
as well as lower cases in C++, which is not in consistence with the
convention that you mention. Or I have to convert bigger cases to lower
cases, which is also not easy to read, as it is different from the original
mathematical form.

Which approach would you prefer? I would prefer the former one. Therefore,
the convention is not followed.

Thanks,
Peng