Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [math] boost build error: ::log1pl has not beendeclared
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-24 07:01:57

Pfligersdorffer, Christian wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> cross compiling boost 1.36 for power pc using a gcc-4.0 derivative
>> the math library ends up with the following error:
>>
>> ./boost/math/special_functions/log1p.hpp: In function 'long double
>> boost::math::log1p(long double, const Policy&)':
>> ./boost/math/special_functions/log1p.hpp:342: error: '::log1pl' has
>> not been declared

Strange, Linux should have a ::log1p in math.h?

What compiler settings are you using - is there anything that
enables/suppresses this definition in math.h?

Otherwise possible solutions are:

1) change the line in log1p.hpp that reads #ifdef BOOST_HAS_LOG1P to #if 0
2) create a custom config header following the instructions here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/libs/config/doc/html/index.html#boost_config.configuring_boost_for_your_platform.using_the_configure_script

However, if you can help me find the proper fix so this works "out the box",
that would be great.

HTH, John.