Subject: Re: [Boost-users] PDF Documentation
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-24 07:06:44

Dustin Spicuzza wrote:
>> I've noticed that its mentioned in the docs that you can generate PDF
>> documentation via boostbook, however it appears to fail violently
>> when I try.

One way to test your setup is to cd into libs/math/doc/complex and do a:

bjam pdf

as I know that works (and doesn't take long to build!)

BTW you may find that the FO parser bombs out with out of memory exceptions,
you can fix this by either:

1) Changing your JRM settings globally to allow Java to use more memory or
2) Edit the batch file that starts the FO processor (Apache FOP or RenderX's
XEP) to invoke Java with a specific memory allowance (I use -Xmx256m in my
xep.bat to give XEP 256Mb).

HTH, John.