Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Logging library
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-25 04:28:43

Hi,

we are using the POCO library for logging, too. There are lots of nice
concepts in it. It is easy to get started.

On the other hand, I cannot help but feel that there must be a more
elegant and flexible way to do the things they do. IMHO, they have a
tendency to re-invent the wheel sometimes, coming up with their own and
quite different smart pointers, threading library, etc.

In the long run, we plan to replace it, without knowing the replacement
and despite the fact that Poco::Logging is the best I have come to play
with, yet.

Maybe we will take the basic ideas and write something on our own using
boost?

Just my 2ct.

Regards,

Roland