Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Phoenix] review reminder
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-30 03:20:32

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Zeljko Vrba wrote:
>
>> Now, to become more on topic: the manual states "Phoenix version 2, this
>> version, will probably be the last release of the library. Phoenix v2
>> will be
>> the basis of the Phoenix and BLL merger."

[...]

> Let me clarify. Phoenix has not reached the end of development.
> It's the name that /might/ (if all goes according to plan) cease to
> exist when Phoenix becomes Lambda: Yep, that's the plan.

I should probably restate that part of the docs to make it clear:

"Phoenix version 2, this version, will probably be the last release of the
library under the name."

The plan (and it seems that there's consensus) is that Phoenix V3 will
be Lambda V2 and supercede Boost.Bind on modern compilers on which
Phoenix works.

I don't know about you, but I think this is all very exciting!

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com