Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost.signals with boost.bind
From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-17 20:55:50

On Friday 17 October 2008 12:06, asio_user wrote:
> I had a similar problem with boost signal in version 1.36.0. I am now
> using Boost.Signals2 to see if fixes the issue.
>
> As it is a header only lib I copied it to existing boost 1.36.0 folder.
> I get the following error in VS2005
>
> error C3861: 'TryEnterCriticalSection': identifier not found
> C:\Software\Boost\boost_1_36_0\boost_1_36_0\boost\signals2\detail\lwm_wi
>n32_cs.hpp 86
>
> Are there additional libs / headers I need to add?

It seems TryEnterCriticalSection only exists if you are compiling for
windows NT 4 and later. Probably the easiest thing for you to do is just
delete the entire try_lock() method that uses TryEnterCriticalSection. I
only added it so signals2::mutex would fully implement the Lockable
concept from Boost.Thread. Signals2 doesn't actually use try_lock().