Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Factory pattern ?
From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-23 12:50:28

Maik,

Sorry for the slow answer, I'm on vacation this week. I may get time to look
at it in more depth in a few days.
Fast answer:

I agree.

1 - The shared_library and type_map classes handle much of what you want for
DSO. I'm still working on a few convenience functions for the shared_library
class, and working on adding some safety mechanisms to help avoid problems
with binary incompatibility. Is there any specific functionality you'd like
to see that may not be there?

2 - There are very few interdependencies between classes in the library.
Many of the classes require either the type_map class or the type info
functionality, but there are few, if any, other interdependencies. This
means that the library could be split up well in quite a number of ways. I
hope to resolve the question of whether or not to split the library during a
pre-review process.

Jeremy Pack

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Maik Beckmann <beckmann.maik_at_[hidden]