Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Installation issue: cannot pass the last test in tutorial,
From: Andrew Holden (aholden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-24 13:16:00

Minh Anh wrote:
> The files msvcp/r80d.dll are both found in the folder
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\redist\Debug_NonRedist\x86\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT
>
> but "dwmapi.dll" cannot be found nowhere.
>
> What's about the difference between release version (which works fine
> although still missing of dwmapi.dll), and debug version (which is not
> work, and indicates that 3 files are not found)?

I found a Microsoft forum that seems to have an answer about dwmapi.dll:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/thread/bc7a7414-6564-40bb-b8d2-af86345f2bc2

In short, dwmapi.dll comes with Windows Vista and will never be available for earlier versions of Windows, and something (probably Internet Explorer 7) is forcing the program to depend on it.