Subject: [Boost-users] Building boost_1.34.1 on mac os X 10.5 64 bit.
From: Alain Leblanc (aalebl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 20:36:19

I'm trying to build boost 1.34.1 on mac os X 64-bit. In a previous
thread someone(Vladimir Prus) gave the following suggestion:

You need to pass

        architecture=x86 address-model=64

in addition to the above to bjam, or you may pass

        architecture=combined address-model=64

and it looks like it was fine with boost 1.36. However when I try with
boost 1.34.1 I get the following message:

libs/test/src/execution_monitor.cpp:1: error: CPU you selected does
not support x86-64 instruction set

If I remove the achitecture=x86 option then it compiles, but the
resulting libraries are not 64-bit, base on the output from file
libbooost-XXX.dylib.

Is there anything in the 1.34.1 version preventing me from compiling
in 64-bit mode?

I'm using gcc 4.0.1.

Thanks,

Alain