Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Static Linking Woes
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 04:46:01

Brian Dawn wrote:
>> However I then got this error message "Mixing a dll boost library
>> with a static runtime is a really bad idea...". So it seems autolink
>> wasn't finding my libraries.

That suggests a build problem somewhere: do you still have BOOST_ALL_DYN_LIB
defined or something?

>> In order to get around this I then
>> disabled the boost autolink feature and linked to the static
>> libraries manually. The application was then able to compile
>> correctly but I then received a runtime error complaining about a
>> corrupt heap, my code ran just fine before.

Sounds like you're mixing different runtime library versions - your linker
should have emitted warnings or errors about that, either way it's a really
bad idea, and the very problem that auto-linking was intended to solve!

HTH, John.