Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Static Linking Woes
From: Brian Dawn (azan00_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-11 20:12:10

Hello everyone!
I current have the latest boost compiled with bjam, I have a complete build. I am also using MS Visual C++ 2008 express. So far everything works out perfectly, however when the compiled application was run on another computer I got a classic "This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect." error. So instead of generating a multithreaded DLL I changed it to just multithreaded.

However I then got this error message "Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a really bad idea...". So it seems autolink wasn't finding my libraries. In order to get around this I then disabled the boost autolink feature and linked to the static libraries manually. The application was then able to compile correctly but I then received a runtime error complaining about a corrupt heap, my code ran just fine before.

Is there any way I can get around this? I would like my application to be multithreaded rather than multithreaded DLL to avoid the side-by-side configuration error when distributing my exe.

Thanks, Brian.