Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Static Linking Woes
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-13 05:53:32

Brian Dawn wrote:
>> defined or something?
>>
>> By still, do you mean that it is defined by default? Because I had
>> never undefined it.

No, I mean you won't see that message from the auto-linking code unless:

* You are linking to a static runtime, *and*
* You have either BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK or BOOST_<libname>_DYN_LINK defined
somewhere.

I believe the only exception to this is Boost.Python, but that has special
requirements that make static linking much more tricky I believe.

>> Does boost complete build both static and dynamic libraries? Because
>> maybe that is my problem.

If you built with "--build-type=complete" then yes.

The static libs all start with the prefix "lib", and the dll import libs do
not.

HTH, John.